Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Morning Glory, Fresh Bread, and Marianne Williamson

I spent the majority of 1991 pregnant. My mother-in-law told me about LaVyrle Spencer. She said that I needed to relax, kick back, and just "be." I told her that I didn't want to read romance novel smut. She told me that it wasn't smutty.. and off we went to the K Mart to buy a book.

The very first LaVyrle Spencer book, I read, was Morning Glory. It remains my, absolute, favorite, to this day.

Over the weekend, I had the pleasure of reading it, with my best friend. I was able to bring Will and Ellie into someone else's life.

There is something so simple and honest in this story. It taught me how to look at things, from a smaller perspective. To enjoy so much more, in little things.

I don't think I saw flowering weeds, in the cracks, of cement, before I read Morning Glory.

**

I am a sammich wh*re. Everything tastes better on good bread. I would choose a yeasty roll over chocolate. There is nothing better than the smell of baking bread. Okay, maybe the taste.

**

Marianne Willaimson has touched me, again, with Everyday Grace. What Alton Brown does for Food, Marianne does for religious spirituality.

No comments:

Post a Comment